L&L Seal -
Torque Retention Isolation
Torque Retention Isolation Sealing Solutions
TRI-Seal™ introduces rigid spheres into expandable sealant materials which are used to seal interfaces where faster load retention and/or separation of dissimilar materials are important.
What is TRI-Seal?
The unique solutions for torque retention, isolation and sealing all at the same time
Torque Retention Isolation Sealing Solutions (TRI-Seal™) is engineered to provide torque retention and isolation at interfaces where load retention and/or separation of dissimilar materials is important, and robust sealing against water, air and dust intrusion is required.
TRI-Seal™ is made up of non-conductive Alumina rigid spheres dispersed into L&L’s sealant materials. There are two different forms: dry-to-the touch and tacky. TRI-Seal™ dry-to-the-touch requires heat to activate the expandable sealant material. TRI-Seal™ tacky does not require heat and self-adheres to a mating surface. Torque retention is achieved by the clamp force between substrates being supported by the rigid Alumina spheres. The result, a unique product that is capable of torque retention, isolation, and sealing all at the same time.
The robust and lightweight sealing solution with maximum sealing coverage and anti-corrosion features.
- Laser cut and sold in rolls or sheets
- Heat bonded to a mating surface or interference fit on a bolt or stud
- Seal material thinner than spacers to insure contact with mating panels
- Rotary die-cut
- Self-adhere to a mating surface
- Ability to locally concentrate the rigid spacers in areas where required
- Seal material thicker than spacers to allow flow under compression for maximum sealing coverage
- Customized engineered option (Lock Seal) to increase slip force
Download our resources to find out more about TRI-Seal™
Here is a great team at your disposal and excited to connect with you.
Please leave your contact details and a short message in the form. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.